If you live in North America, then you have probably always considered cruises the best way to see the beautiful waters and beaches of the Caribbean but the truth is that cruising has so much more to it. There is a whole world out there waiting for you to explore it once you set foot on a cruise ship.
Recently cruise lines have managed to expand their businesses to include more exotic places of the world. Today you can go on a cruise to visit almost anywhere in the world, including Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Australia. You will be able to visit interesting and mystical places like the Amazon, Greenland and Antarctica on a cruise ship to be able to experience nature at its best.
In the past people thought of cruising as the activity that would interest “lazy” tourists who just want to enjoy some refreshing drinks with paper umbrellas, listening to some exotic music while they are taking a sun bath. While we don’t think that there is anything wrong with this picture, we think that there is so much more to cruising than what you might think. You will get to experience new places in a relaxing and captivating way. You get to see the different cities from a distance in addition to relaxing under the refreshing sky over the mystical waters.
Whether you choose to cruise on a big mega ship that will cross oceans, a yacht that will take you on captivating trips in the sea or a river boat that will allow you to get in touch with nature, there will be a lot to do and explore and you will get to the experience the culture of your destination hands on.
Here are some of the reasons you should try cruising on your next vacation:
- Cruising will allow you to get places that would otherwise be very difficult to visit. Some places are very difficult to visit by land because they are only accessible through tough roads and routes or only through narrow waterways. If you are on a trip to South America, you will know what I mean. If you really want to get in touch with the locals and want to see where they live, you will have to travel to their little scattered villages that are only accessible when you travel on board of a small river boat. Some other places involve taking a lot of airline connections, which could be time consuming and expensive like when you choose to visit Barts and Grenada. Finding direct flights to your island of destination might be impossible and instead of spending that endless time on transit or on small uncomfortable planes, cruising would be a better option.
- Cruising allows you to experience places without having to worry about anything else. All your expenses are included in your ticket. You don’t have to worry about meal expenses or entertainment because everything has been paid for in advance.
- With cruising you get to visit multiple destinations effortlessly. Forget about handling your luggage or negotiating with boarder officers. The captain of the ship will sail you from one city to another and from one country to another while you just sit, relax and enjoy the views. Most of the time you will wake up to find yourself at a new destination. You will not worry about anything other than enjoying your trip and exploring the new places.
- Once it is time to get back to the ship, you will find that everything has been taken care of. There will be no need to worry about your night program, your housekeeping or your meals. You can just think about enjoying your time because the ship crew will take care of everything else.
- A cruising company will most of the time offer you help to explore the shore. From guided tours to recommendations, your ship crew will offer every help possible to make sure that your on shore experience is as special as your off shore adventure.
- Spending little time at the cities you visit is something from the past. Most of the time you cruise ship program will involve offering your enough time to visit and enjoy the cities included in your vacation program. Sometimes you will be allowed to spend several nights at some of the major cities in Europe and Asia like when you choose to travel with Regent Seven Seas and Seabourn Cruise Line.
- While on the ship, you will be able to enjoy on board cultural performances of the city you are visiting ensuring that you get a glimpse of the atmosphere even before you set foot on land. Moreover the captain of your ship will spend some time briefing you on the cities that you are about to visit so that you can fully enjoy.
Cruising is a lovely experience that will allow you to enjoy your vacation in a way that you never thought was possible. Get to know your crew, get your exploration mood on. You will be able to enjoy the life on water, under the sea and on land in ways that will make you wonder why you haven’t done it before.